Saturday, April 14, 2018

Update

So here are some big updates I want to write on here before I explain it on the CCR. SO, from the beginning, I anticipated having the quote that my grandfather wrote down which inspired me to make the movie in the film. However, after many tries of trying to record the audio of that, it became increasingly difficult to acquire. First off, my grandmother cannot actually deliver the lines because of her health. I tried with my mother, but there was an element of youth in her voice that just didn’t feel right. Ultimately, once I put Chopin’s Prelude in E Minor in with the visual footage I had edited, I felt like it was already complete. To me, there is an unbeknownst monologue happening within the song, due to Chopin’s brilliance. The somber tune translates the sense of loss, yet hope, grief, yet resolution, and most importantly, a sense of nostalgia. I truly think that it is right to keep the quote out, knowing that it was my own inspiration to make the opening sequence. I want this film to appeal and resonate to those who had a similar feeling of nostalgia for the past, and this decision to keep it a montage can fulfill that. Later today, I will post the CCR where i can go even more in detail, and the actual film opening!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening!

Here is the link to the film opening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8azlLRHyqaShaOJC6SBJwzGx7s9Cjpk/view A lot of thought and hard w...