Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Introducing Valle Productions

Since I didn’t want to emulate typical film conventions, I know I want to incorporate a film production logo in the beginning of my film  opening. I’ve been searching up various film production logos and many have a visual image or video to go along with the name to indicate the meaning or significance of the name and to assure individuality of the production company. For example, the production company created by JJ Abrams, “Bad Robot Productions”, is presented with a little red robot in the middle of a field surrounded by dark clouds. This is significant because it is representative of the atmosphere of most Abrams’s movies. His specialty is sci-fi films, that include some kind technology or futuristic feel to it and sometimes have a dark undertone to it.

Similarly, I want to create a film production logo that symbolizes the ideals and types of films I want to make, specifically, this particular film opening. I gave decided on the name of my production company: Valle Productions (pronounced like ‘valet parking’). And I will explain why I decided to name by production company Valle Productions. First of all, Valle is my mother and my grandmother’s middle name, so I have a personal and emotional connection to it. Since my grandmother is one of my greatest inspirations, I feel her middle name is quite fit for the company. I intend to try and include her some way in my film so, there a literal connection to the name. But I also thinking the “Valle” is appropriate because the word “valle” in Spanish, my first language, means valley. This emblem of nature is representative of what my films will incorporate, since I am sure I want to have a strong emphasis on the natural world since there is so much beauty contained in it. 
Additionally, a valley must be reached by crossing over a mountain. I like this idea of getting through a large and tall mountain to arrive at m this beautiful place. To me, the mountain represents hardships we must face in order to get to the place we want to reach, whatever it might be, which in this case is represented by a valley. In a previous posting explained that I wanted to try and highlight the bravery and hardships that come with being an immigrant, since my entire family, including my grandmother, are in fact immigrants. 
So, I downloaded an app that allows me to create such a logo. It's called PicArt and it allows me to create a logo by scratch through a drawing tool. Knowing I wanted to depict mountains with valley in between I first drew this:
Not liking how the drawing went out of the frame and wanting it to be reversed, I redrew it:

Finally, it was up with finding the right font, that had this sort of movement of the mountains and creating the final product. This is the final result:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening!

Here is the link to the film opening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8azlLRHyqaShaOJC6SBJwzGx7s9Cjpk/view A lot of thought and hard w...