Friday, April 6, 2018

A Step Further to the Finish Line

Last night, I finished editing the film opening! I first looked through all the footage I had and then picked out my favorite takes. I almost forgot to add the production company I created in the beginning of the the 2 minutes. The end product is 2 minutes 3 seconds. I might play around to see if one shot goes on for a few seconds too long and see if I can bring it down to 2 minutes flat. I ended up using various shots of my grandmother while having the shots of the painting she owns and the natural environment around her house try to tell the story of this feeling of longing for a picturesque and idealistic place left behind. Although I was hesitant to include her, I did end up using a clip of my little sister as a younger version of my grandmother, hoping and trusting that the audience will connect the two characters are the same but in different times. I put that shot next to the shot of my grandmother, so that both seem parallel and congruent, almost as if both character do the same thing. So, the visual element of the film are pretty much done, but I have to add the sound elements tomorrow. This will include the price by Chopin that I chose and the voiceover monologue done by the character of Maria, my grandmother. 
I have been playing with the idea of renaming the title of my film. Originally, I intended for it to be called “Maria”, a simple, but effective title. But I have been wanting to maybe change the name to “Nostalgia” which is the topic of the monologue done by the character of Maria. I just feel as if it embodies what I want to express by making the film better. Changing the title is a really easy fix, so it will be no problem.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening!

Here is the link to the film opening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8azlLRHyqaShaOJC6SBJwzGx7s9Cjpk/view A lot of thought and hard w...