Tuesday, April 3, 2018

Chopin Tunes!

Today in class I was on a mission to find the appropriate score for my film. I went on killertracks.com, where I can pick it various songs without the threat of infringing on a copyright. So, I logged on and entered in the search bar “classical music” thinking that was adequate enough. However, I got around 500 results and just the ones in the first page were so far off from what I wanted (Celtic music wasn’t particularly the vibe I was going for) that I kind of freaked out. How was I going to listen to 500 different clips of music in time?! I previously knew that I wanted a piece by Chopin, so I googled whether his music was copyrighted. The consensus on the Internet was that if the music. Was composed before the 1900’s, it’s not copyrighted, but the recording of the music can be. As impractical as I am, I thought, well perhaps I can record someone playing a Chopin piece in real time. The problem was that I do not know anybody with the least bit of talent in piano ability. The solution to my minor and temporary problem was very simple. It occurred to me that killer tracks probably had a version of a Chopin piece on their website, so I looked it up. The piece I decided to go with was Prelude in E Minor. Although one could consider that piece to be a bit somber, I found it appropriate for the tone I was trying to establish. I think the song will help me establish the same feeling my grandmother, the main character has, about her sadness and longing for her home country. Now, the task of actually figuring out how to attach the sound file to the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening!

Here is the link to the film opening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8azlLRHyqaShaOJC6SBJwzGx7s9Cjpk/view A lot of thought and hard w...