Sunday, April 1, 2018

Not So Great Day of Filming

So I finally filmed the scenes with my little sister who would be playing the younger version of my grandmother. We went to my backyard and I filmed some scenes that mirrored the ones that I already filmed. In my backyard, I have a coconut tree that is finally giving a few coconuts, although they are not ripe. I decided that including the coconuts partially in some of the shots would make interesting and engaging shots. However, while filming the scenes and rapidly became disillusioned with the idea of having a younger version of my grandmother be presented, or at least as the majority of the opening film. I think the venture was too grand and didn’t make a realistic jump. The fact is, my 90 year old grandmother is visually very different from my 13 year old sister. It didn’t seem like they were the same person, maybe because of the fact that I personally know them, but it just didn’t feel right. So, in order to ease the feeling that the day was wasted, I settled a battle within myself by leaving the possibility that perhaps I can put one or two shots of what I filmed with my sister, but having the majority be my grandmother and the paintings she owns. I often feel as if there have been many changes to my plan for my film but in reality, this is how films are made. There will often be changes that have to be made and no matter how difficult it can be dealt with, it must be done for the sake of the vision of the filmmaker. Hopefully, whatever it is that I envision can be transcribed into this short 2 minute film opening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening!

Here is the link to the film opening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8azlLRHyqaShaOJC6SBJwzGx7s9Cjpk/view A lot of thought and hard w...