Saturday, March 24, 2018

A Stroll Through the Paintings...

As I mentioned before, I wanted to incorporate the many beautiful landscape paintings that my grandmother owns. Now in order to make them interesting and engaging visually, I had to really think out of the box for this one. Due to the fact that I am not full fledged filmmaker, and therefore don’t have the extent of resources and people to allow me to make a “Hollywood”-esqe movie opening. I can however, try to be as clever as I can muster in order to try to make an opening that can be beautiful and well made. I have accepted the fact that I can’t create long shots of the environment since I don’t own a crane in order to make a crane shot or a drone to capture a shot of above or from afar. But I can recreate the feeling of a long shot of a setting or place by using the paintings she has an moving through them with the camera. So, I took the painting down from the wall and set them in the front yard, so the bright light of midday can exaggerate the beautiful colors incorporated in the painting, allowing the color palette of the film to be bright and versatile, as I had envisioned. Perhaps I can’t explain my vision as elegantly as I hoped to, but I can show you what I have in mind through the practice shots I have done. 
For example:



I understand that this might be a risk to do, since I am virtually treating a painting as a realistic place but it is not as if I can go on a plane and visit these places myself in order to shoot them, so I make do. Hopefully I can incorporate these shots into the opening and create the vision I have for my opening to reality. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening!

Here is the link to the film opening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8azlLRHyqaShaOJC6SBJwzGx7s9Cjpk/view A lot of thought and hard w...