Sunday, March 25, 2018

First Issue to Deal With

As I anticipated, problems have arisen. For the past few weeks I have been babbling about how I am going to have two versions of my grandmother in the opening of the film, showing her current self, and her past self she is remembering. My grandmother was gonna play herself, and my mother was gonna okay her young since it was around her age that she left her home country. I mentioned this to my mom, and she seemed to be okay with it. At second mention, since I am planing to film her parts this week, she seemed to get a little shy about it. Granted, she is not the acting type, but I thought it would be a nice sentiment. But, I don’t think she really wants to do it, and in no ways am I going to force her. I want to have people who are just as enthusiastic about the project (not that my mother isn’t excited for me, but I think she is a bit camera shy) so, I asked the person who wanted to be a part of the project since the beginning: my little sister. I would have the stark difference of my grandmother being represented in her old age as compared to the young age of my sister. The age difference is big, but I think through my costume decisions, it will be evident that they are playing the same person at different ages. She has braces, which put me off at first since it takes it out of the time period, but I won’t have her opening her mouth (no big deal). Hopefully everything work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening!

Here is the link to the film opening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8azlLRHyqaShaOJC6SBJwzGx7s9Cjpk/view A lot of thought and hard w...