Friday, March 30, 2018

Docu-style Filming

So, big news! I finally went to my grandmas house and I started to film with her. I approached the project with causation because like I was afraid was going to happen, I didn’t think I would be able to get good shots with her since she is in a delicate state. But I went on and just asked her to stand in front of the flower bush in her house and just smile and do things I told her to do. Since I couldn’t expect some Oscar worthy acting from any of the people I could potentially use as actors, I modified my way of thinking and altered my vision for the opening a bit. I think, once I edit all the clips I have filmed, I am going to create a sort of montage kind of opening. Where a series of shots will evoke the tone and mood I want to create with my film opening. There for, the actors will not necessarily be looking into the camera “acting”, but it will have more of a documentary style of filming. Below I will attach a screenshot of my current camera roll so you can see all the different takes I have shot. 

Hopefully I can edit all of these together, along with the previously shot scenes of my grandmother’s unique painting and my future plans to shot various close up images of the nature surrounding my grandma’s house in order to create a beautiful opening that flows. My fear is that is will seem too “all over the place” and random in shot order but that will hopefully be avoided in the editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening!

Here is the link to the film opening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8azlLRHyqaShaOJC6SBJwzGx7s9Cjpk/view A lot of thought and hard w...