Friday, March 16, 2018

How Do You Solve a Problem like Maria...

Since we are starting the production phases of  our  rejects, I began the week with grand thoughts of beginning filming by going to my grandmother’s house. On the way of the drive, I was looking around at the general environment through I-75 looking for inspiration, but of course, I was just surrounded by a bunch of cars and pavement of the highway. I happened to look up at the sky, and found beauty in something that is ever-present. The sky was a deep blue with absolutely no clouds in the sky. When I reached my grandma’s house in West Kendall, I greeted her and tried to explain what I was doing and immediately got to work trying to get shots before any clouds appeared. I knew I wanted to use a shot to create my beginning sequence where the name of the film is revealed. 
I’ve been thinking long and hard about naming the title of the actual film and I was proposing all of these complicated and long titles. That is, until I realized who the inspiration and heart of the film was about: my grandmother. And therefore I decided to name the film after her. My film is called Maria. 
While getting the shot of the opening I tried a shot where I tilt the camera up from the top of my grandmother’s house to a shot where the sky consumes the entire frame. I downloaded the app iMovie where I edited the video and added the graphics of the title. Here is the rough edit:
If you look carefully, you will notice that from the moment the title appears, there is a small glitch in the moment before. It is a jump from the frame the doesn't contain the title to the other, but it really bothers me because I feel like there isn't a sense of continuity through it. I'll have to see how I fix it in the final product but I really envisioned the title appearing with the blue sky in the background. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening!

Here is the link to the film opening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8azlLRHyqaShaOJC6SBJwzGx7s9Cjpk/view A lot of thought and hard w...