Saturday, March 17, 2018

Picturesque Ideals

While visiting my grandmother's house I was looking around for inspiration for my film. I wanted to find something that was quintessentially my grandmother while also providing beautiful and engaging shots. Due to her extensive and frequent travel my grandmother has picked up a lot of different unique portraits from around the world and her village near the beach where she grew up in Venezuela. She has many of the paintings hanging around her one story house and throughout my life they had always been there, while I paid no attention to them. But, I have found that these paintings had subconsciously attached themselves to the memory of my grandmother and inspired my love for art altogether. For me the painting represent, both her love for travel though the paintings of the places she has visited, and hpw rooted she ios to her home country. There I took down three of my favorites of the paintings which are shown below:


What I am thinking of doing is zooming in extremely close to the picture so the entire painting takes up the frame, so that the paintings resemble actual; long shots taken at these places that are so dear to my grandmother. The paintings will represent the places my grandmother left behind and the places she will go after she emigrates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening!

Here is the link to the film opening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8azlLRHyqaShaOJC6SBJwzGx7s9Cjpk/view A lot of thought and hard w...