Sunday, March 18, 2018

Rough Plan

So, as you have seen in my previous posts, I am using my grandmother as my muse in order to honor her story and the story of many immigrants alike. I've had the idea for a while, while utilizing the quote from my grandfather as the opening statement the main character, Maria, says. Like I predicted before, I ran into some problems with the actual saying of the dialogue. In order for it to be authentic, I wanted to use my actual grandmother in the film to play herself, but she has unfortunately reached an age where it is difficult to remember long pieces of dialogue and to act, per say. Therefore, I came up with idea of portraying the character of Maria in her actual age, and the dialogue calls for her to reminisce back to when she was young. That is when I will get someone younger to play Maria, as if it were a flashback. Additionally, I will get this have the monologue to be said through voiceover, so that it can be easier for me to obtain the best take. I want to alternate between shots of the paintings that my grandmother has hanging in her house, to shots of herself in real time, to shots of her as a young women emigrating ti the United States. I plan to differentiate the flashbacks to the present time through a use of a different filter on the camera, perhaps


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Film Opening!

Here is the link to the film opening! https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p8azlLRHyqaShaOJC6SBJwzGx7s9Cjpk/view A lot of thought and hard w...